Kimberlin Brown, renowned for her role on Bold and the Beautiful, praises Sheila's surprising return: 'Absolutely brilliant

Kimberlin Brown, renowned for her role on Bold and the Beautiful, praises Sheila's surprising return: 'Absolutely brilliant

By M Muzamil Shami

"My return is largely owed to my fans and the dedicated viewers of this show."


The rumors swirling about Sheila Carter's demise on The Bold and the Beautiful, starring Kimberlin Brown, have been highly exaggerated.


After being written out of the CBS series just two months ago, the daytime soap's villain made a surprising return in Monday's episode. Head writer Brad Bell decided to reverse the fate of this fan-favorite character. Contrary to previous events, it was revealed that the woman supposedly killed by Steffy Forrester (Jacqueline MacInnes Wood) back in February was not the real villain, Sheila, but her doppelgänger, Sugar (also portrayed by Brown), who initially appeared on The Young and the Restless.


"Being back on set has truly been a highlight of my year," Brown shares with Entertainment Weekly regarding her unexpected comeback. "She's like my sanctuary. Crafting her character, thanks to Brad's dad, Bill, has been an incredible journey, transforming her into one of daytime's most memorable villains. It's been quite a ride — and I'm eager to see where the story takes us next."


Kimberlin Brown on 'The Bold and the Beautiful'. PHOTOS: ADAM TORGERSON/CBS
       Kimberlin Brown on 'The Bold and the Beautiful'. PHOTOS: ADAM TORGERSON/CBS


Brown was completely unaware that Bell had any intention of bringing her character back so soon after killing her off the show. "It was about three to four weeks after they wrote me out," she recalls. "I was busy making plans for my next steps in life, trying to figure out what to do next, when Brad called me. It was such a fantastic call to get, especially considering our last meeting where he informed me of my character's demise. It was truly wonderful."


It took her a while to grasp the plan for Sheila's resurrection, as Bell hadn't figured out the details yet.


"When he mentioned reversing it, it sounded vague," Brown recounts. "He expressed intentions to bring me back, but when I inquired about the process, he admitted they were still in the research phase. Nevertheless, he asked if I'd be willing to return, to which I eagerly agreed. It's like a dream come true for me."


After discovering how Sheila's comeback would unfold on the show, she was thrilled. "This is just genius," she exclaimed, chuckling. "What an ingenious method to reintroduce me — I can't imagine what else he would've concocted."


Brown expresses immense gratitude to the countless fans who voiced their opposition to her departure, as she credits their support for her return.


"Brad tuned in to the audience," she explains. "I truly believe that. My fans and the viewers of this show are the driving force behind my return, perhaps the most significant one. The overwhelming support I received, the clamor they made on my behalf, I'm immensely grateful for it. It's hard to articulate the depth of my gratitude; it renders me speechless."


She elaborates, "When people say, 'You're an icon in daytime,' it's not a label I've ever applied to myself. I simply feel fortunate to pursue what I'm passionate about. The overwhelming support and encouragement from fans opened my eyes to the impact I've had. Their loyalty prompted them to speak out, and Brad took notice."

Post a Comment

0 Comments