Kristin Chenoweth reveals she was 'severely abused' by an ex after watching a video of Sean 'Diddy' Combs

Kristin Chenoweth reveals she was 'severely abused' by an ex after watching a video of Sean 'Diddy' Combs

By M Muzamil Shami

"The Broadway star wrote on X that it was the lowest point of their life."


Kristin Chenoweth is speaking out about her own experience with domestic violence.


On Saturday, the 55-year-old Broadway star reacted to disturbing footage from 2016 showing Sean "Diddy" Combs physically assaulting his ex-girlfriend, Cassie Ventura.


"Honestly, I have my reasons for the Sean Combs video bothering me so much," Chenoweth wrote on X. "The main thing I need to do is pray for him. For real."



Kristin Chenoweth.PHOTO: JOHN NACION/WIREIMAGE
       Kristin Chenoweth.PHOTO: JOHN NACION/WIREIMAGE



Chenoweth’s post faced criticism, with one commenter suggesting she should reserve her prayers for "victims" rather than "evil abusers." In response, Chenoweth opened up about her personal experience with relationship violence.


"Never wanted to come out with it, but here we go," she shared in a follow-up post. "Several years ago, I was severely abused. It took me therapy and prayer to understand I deserved better.”


Chenoweth continued, "I was deeply injured, both physically and spiritually. When I got out, the only thing I knew to do was pray. Pray for myself. Pray for him as he grew up abused. So, there y'all go."


"It was the lowest point in my life," she wrote in a series of subsequent posts responding to fans. "I must admit I haven't forgiven yet. It's beyond me. God is helping me through that part."


She added, "A victim has to handle it in whatever way is best for them."


Chenoweth is currently married to singer Josh Bryant, with their wedding taking place on September 2, 2023, in Texas.


The actress' social media posts follow the release of a surveillance video, first obtained by CNN, showing Combs grabbing, shoving, and kicking his former girlfriend at a Los Angeles hotel. This video aligns with the allegations made by Ventura in her November 2023 lawsuit against Combs, accusing him of sexual assault and years of physical abuse.


Combs denied all the allegations when the lawsuit first emerged, and he and Ventura settled the case the next day. Following Ventura's claims, several other accusers also sued Combs, who has consistently denied their accusations.


Subsequently, Combs released an apology video on Instagram, taking “full responsibility” for his actions captured in the surveillance footage and revealing that he has since sought “professional help.”


“After going to therapy and rehab, I had to ask God for his mercy and grace,” Combs said in the video posted on Sunday. “I’m so sorry. But I’m committed to being a better man each and every day. I’m not asking for forgiveness. I’m truly sorry.”

Post a Comment

0 Comments