Lisa Marie Presley’s Memoir: Childhood Fears and Life as Elvis Presley's Daughter

Lisa Marie Presley’s Memoir: Childhood Fears and Life as Elvis Presley's Daughter


September 27, 2024
By M Muzamil Shami



Lisa Marie Presley reflects on her childhood fears and Elvis Presley’s legacy in her memoir.



Lisa Marie Presley's posthumous memoir, From Here to the Great Unknown, offers a deep dive into her life as the only child of Elvis Presley. The memoir reveals her heartfelt experiences growing up under the shadow of the King of Rock 'n' Roll.

In an emotional excerpt featured in People magazine, Lisa Marie reflects on her persistent fear of losing her father. "I always worried about my dad dying. I would sometimes find him passed out, out of it, and I wrote a poem with the line, 'I hope my daddy doesn’t die.'"

She fondly recalls attending her father’s concerts, stating, "Going to his shows was the highlight of my life. I was so proud of him. He would bring me onstage, hold my hand, and then let me watch from the audience, usually with Grandpa Vernon."

Describing the atmosphere of the concerts, she reminisces, "The energy in the room was unlike anything I’ve ever experienced. 'Electrifying' is the best word for it. Watching him perform 'Hurt' or 'How Great Thou Art' gave me chills, and he always sang them when I asked."

Despite battling personal struggles, including drug abuse during her teenage years, Lisa Marie found solace in motherhood. "Becoming a mom changed my life. I realized my purpose was to care for others," she wrote.

Her memoir, completed by her daughter Riley Keough using Lisa Marie's recorded memories, is set for release on October 8, shedding light on a life marked by both immense love and loss.

Post a Comment

0 Comments