Nolan Gould Reflects on His Childhood Perception of Sarah Hyland as “Old” at 25

Nolan Gould Reflects on His Childhood Perception of Sarah Hyland as “Old” at 25


Nolan Gould was just ten years old when he began portraying Luke Dunphy on Modern Family.


September 21, 2024
By M Muzamil Shami


Nolan Gould reflects on his childhood perception of Sarah Hyland during a podcast.

Gould was so young when he started on Modern Family that he thought his on-screen sister, Sarah Hyland, was “old.”

During an appearance on Jesse Tyler Ferguson’s podcast, Dinner’s On Me, Gould shared memories of believing Hyland, who played Haley Dunphy, was “old” when he was younger.

"I’ll never forget Sarah coming in one day saying, ‘Oh my God, I feel so old.’ She was 24 or 25," Gould recalled, adding, “And I thought to myself, ‘You are’ — because I was 16, and I was a jerk.”

Now at 25, Gould reflected on how his perspective has evolved. "Now I’m 25, and I’m like, Oh my God, it’s happening," he joked.

Having begun his journey on Modern Family at the tender age of 10, Gould admitted he didn’t fully appreciate the impact of the show until he reached his teenage years. "I don’t think I really clocked what was happening until I was like 14 or 15. That’s when I kind of became sentient, and I was like, ‘Woah!’ This just fundamentally changed me.”

Since Modern Family concluded in 2020, Gould has actively pursued his acting career, making appearances in Grey’s Anatomy and starring in two films in 2023: Miranda’s Victim and The Nana Project.

Post a Comment

0 Comments