Taylor Lautner expresses that being referred to as Taylor Swift's 'best ex' is a compliment, stating, "I'll gladly accept it and embrace it"
"Everything's going smoothly."
Taylor Lautner, who seems to be faring well with Swifties compared to someone like John Mayer, has earned the title of Taylor Swift's "best ex" — a designation he happily embraces without any grievances.
The Twilight star responded to his popularity within his ex-girlfriend's fanbase over the weekend, sharing with PEOPLE at a gala event that the label "sounds like a nice compliment to me." He added, "I will take it."
Lautner and Swift crossed paths in 2009 on the set of the 2010 romantic comedy Valentine's Day, and their relationship lasted for a few months. Swift's apologetic breakup ballad "Back to December," featured in her Speak Now album, is widely believed to be inspired by their time together.
Lautner shared with PEOPLE that his wife, Taylor (yes, they share the same name), and a devoted Swift fan, informed him that he was the sole ex "without a diss track." Taking it in stride, he remarked, "So that sounds like a nice thing. I'll take it and run. No complaints here."
His wife chimed in, expressing that in her perspective, they aren't even considered exes, highlighting Swift's friendship with both of them.
Notably, Lautner recently featured alongside Joey King and Presley Cash in Swift's music video for "I Can See You (Taylor's Version)," a previously unreleased track from the Speak Now reissue, which premiered during the summer. Additionally, in July, Lautner, accompanied by King and Cash, made a surprise appearance at Swift's Eras tour stop in Kansas City to celebrate the video release.
"I've faced large crowds in the past, but addressing 75,000 Swifties was a unique experience," Lautner reminisced about that significant evening. "The level of passion is unparalleled. While I've encountered passionate Twilight fans before, addressing 75,000 of them simultaneously was surreal."
Currently, Swift is captivating audiences on the South American segment of her extensive Eras tour, with upcoming stops scheduled in Asia and Europe next year.



0 Comments